We LOVE letting YouTubers use our music. On this page we are giving everyone on YouTube a license to use our music for commercial or non-commercial purposes. In order to abide by this license we are asking for a few things in return. But first, let us lay things out in a clear, concise manner.
Specifically, we are giving YouTubers the permission to do the following:
- You may use our music as background music or as part of your own creative video without being required to pay us any performance royalties.
- You may use the music in commercial or noncommercial videos on YouTube only. If you’re looking to use our music outside of YouTube, contact us.
This license does not give you permission to do the following:
- You cannot reupload our music to YouTube without adding your own creative content.
- You cannot claim our music as your own.
- You cannot use our music in any project outside of YouTube without the express permission of Approaching Nirvana.
- You cannot sell our music.
- You cannot use any of our remixes, mashups, parodies, or cover instrumentals we have created.
To use our music, you must abide by the following:
- Purchase our music legally.
- Credit us by name (Approaching Nirvana) in the description of your YouTube video
- Link back to our YouTube channel (http://youtube.com/user/approachingnirvana) in the description of your YouTube video
- Mention the song name in the description of your YouTube video
- Place a link to buy the song on iTunes in the description of your video (preferrably a shortened link via bit.ly)
Here’s a template that you can use for the text in your YouTube video description:
And that’s it! We love supporting the YouTube community and will do our best to continue our commitment to make our music available for use within YouTube.
*NOTE* Do not use our songs Will Rain, Will Rain (Extended Mix), or the Subliminal Message Continuous Mix (if Will Rain can be heard in the part you’re using). This is because UMG will claim copyright on it due to them owning our LIGHTS Mashup/Remix. Additionally, stay away from Worth a Thousand Pictures, Worth a Thousand Pictures (Extended Mix), and the Lapse in Time Continuous Electronic Mix (if Worth a Thousand Pictures can be heard). This is for the same reason (due to our Nick Carter Remix/Mashup).